- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (white)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Mix together the milk and white vinegar, then let sit for five minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the flour with the sugar, baking powder and soda, and salt. In the milk mixture, whisk in the large egg and butter. Then pour the dry (flour) mixture into the wet mixture and beat until smooth.
- Heat a skillet over medium, and spray with cooking spray (butter flavored works best). Pour in about a quarter cup fulls at a time onto heated skillet, and cook until bubbles appear. Flip, and cook until golden brown on both sides.