What better way to celebrate Valentine's Day with the kids than with this heart-shaped pizza? Frozen bread dough makes this Valentine pizza come together in no time.The smoked mozzarella cheese is more expensive than regular, but it tastes so much better. Look for it in the gourmet cheese section of your local supermarket or at STO Super-mart.
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed in refrigerator according to package directions
- 1 cup pizza sauce (prepared or your own homemade)
- 8 oz. smoked mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 18-20 slices chicken sausages ( you can also use Beef )
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- If using a pizza stone or cast iron pizza pan, sprinkle with cornmeal. If using a cookie sheet or metal pizza pan, grease with olive oil, then sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Remove thawed bread dough from refrigerator and stretch or roll out to a thickness of 1/2-inch. Shape into a heart. Prick several places with a fork.
- Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with pizza sauce, leaving a 1-inch border all the way around.
- Sprinkle cheese over sauce.
- Outline with sausages in a heart shape.
- Bake another 10-20 minutes until pizza is golden and bubbly.