1 Packet of Plain Gelatin (Sufficient for 500ml liquid)
400 ml Soya Milk ( you can also use Coconut Milk )
40 gms Chopped Apple
40 gms Chopped Orange
40 gms Tinned Cherries in Syrup
Jelly Mould ( you can also use Agar Agar Powder )
1. Put the soya milk / cocnut Milk into a saucepan, together with the gelatin. Notice that we are using less liquid than is normally used for a jelly (jello) dessert, for this dish we need a firmer jelly.
2. Heat gently to dissolve the gelatin, don't let it boil, and keep stirring.
3. Pour into a mould and leave in the fridge to set overnight.
4. Turn it out onto a plate and slice. I like to cut out star shapes when I serve this dish.
5. Mix the fruit with together with the syrup from the cherries and pour over the tofu stars (This syrup, will give the dish its sweetness).